Free 15 hours for eligible 2 year olds
What is on offer for 2 year olds?
The government pays for eligible families to have up to 15 hours of free education every week in school term time. We provide these as either:
- 5 x 3-hour morning sessions, 9am to 12 noon, or
- 5 x 3-hour afternoon sessions, 1pm to 4pm at Church Hill or 12.45pm to 3.45pm at Low Hall.
Who is eligible?
Your child can enjoy free early learning if you are on benefits or a low income, or if your child has special educational needs, a disability, is adopted or has been in care.
When can my child start nursery?
Eligible 2 year olds can start their 15 hours of free early education from the 1 January, 1 April or 1 September following their 2nd birthday.
How do I know if we are eligible?
1. Visit www.walthamforest.gov.uk/eychecker
2. You will need:
· your date of birth
· your child’s date of birth and either
· your National Insurance (NI) number or
· your National Asylum Support Service (NASS) number.
2. Answer the questions and follow the links.
If you are eligible the website will give you your code and a letter.
You can also call 020 8496 3566 if you think you are entitled because of your family circumstances, your child’s needs, or you need some help to apply.
What do I do when I have my URN?
Parents who are studying or working
It is our firm belief that children who attend school every day benefit in many ways, however if you have an opportunity to study or work that requires you to have a different pattern, please talk to our Executive Head Teacher.
How do I know if my child has a place?
We will contact you when a place becomes available and arrange for you and your child to start Settling In.